Senior Financial Planning Analyst – Associate Wealth Management Advisor
ABOUT ATLAS: Atlas Private Wealth Management is a financial planning and registered investment advisory firm located in Albany, New York. We serve clients nationally, providing fee-only financial planning and investment management services. Our firm’s mission statement: to empower our clients to pursue their goals and passions by providing a trusted and objective voice. We believe a successful, long-term professional relationship is built upon mutual trust, effective communication, and a shared commitment to the financial planning process. Understanding individual concerns and financial goals is a critical element of this partnership with our clients. Our comprehensive, personalized approach is aimed at enhancing the quality of life for each of our clients.
At Atlas, we are committed to our core values and sharing our knowledge and ideas in the spirit of continuous learning. Our core values are based on our acronym of LEARN: Listen; Excel; Act; Respect; Nurture.
- Listen: Listen to obtain a deep understanding when communicating with our clients and each other.
- Excel: Strive for quality in everything we do for our clients and each other.
- Act: Act as a fiduciary maintaining a commitment to honesty, transparency and fairness when working with our clients and each other.
- Respect: Exercise respect, empathy and care in dealings with our clients and each other.
- Nurture: Commit to continuous growth and development of our clients and each other
In our firm, we strive to maintain a culture that supports our associates in their whole life by offering them comprehensive benefits (401(k), paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, and more), care, and support for their commitment and loyalty to Atlas and our mission and values. This includes a hybrid work model for associates allowing for the additional opportunity to work remotely 2 out of 5 days a week to balance the daily demands we all face in our lives.
JOB TITLE: Senior Financial Planning Analyst/Associate Wealth Management Advisor
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President, Director of Financial Planning
We are seeking an experienced Financial Planning Analyst to provide quality financial planning services to Atlas clients. The position requires interfacing with all aspects related to investment planning and financial planning creation and reviews. Additionally, the position will be instrumental in helping to build out the depth, skills, and service Atlas offers. A successful Financial Planning Analyst will also be given the opportunity to manage a small book of clients in the Associate Wealth Management Advisor role. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced financial planner to mentor under experienced Wealth Management Advisors as the career path will prepare them to become a full-time Wealth Management Advisor in a few years.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The primary responsibility of the Senior Financial Planning Analyst is the research, analysis, and creation of financial plans, retirement, and tax projections for clients
- Interact directly with clients on financial planning matters related to the preparation of their tailored financial plans, retirement, and tax projections
- Involvement in firm-wide initiatives related to tax and financial planning services including, but not limited to the analysis, review, and recommendations of financial plans
- Use eMoney to create and deliver financial planning
- Continuous improvement efforts related to client experience including financial exhibits, client-facing documents, and tax returns
- Maintain working knowledge of market conditions and current events
- Coordinate efforts with team members and wealth management assistants
- Advance the mission, vision, and values of Atlas Private Wealth Management
- Comply with Atlas standards for risk tolerance, documentation, policy, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics or similar
- Preference for CFP candidate
- 1-3 years of financial planning experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products, CRM, trading platforms, and other software
- Professional approach and demeanor
- Extremely detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts
- Work well in a team-focused environment
- Experience with tax compliance and planning software