Wealth Management Advisor
ABOUT ATLAS: Atlas Private Wealth Management is a financial planning and registered investment advisory firm located in Albany, New York. We serve clients nationally, providing fee-only financial planning and investment management services. Our firm’s mission statement: to empower our clients to pursue their goals and passions by providing a trusted and objective voice. We believe a successful, long-term professional relationship is built upon mutual trust, effective communication, and a shared commitment to the financial planning process. Understanding individual concerns and financial goals is a critical element of this partnership with our clients. Our comprehensive, personalized approach is aimed at enhancing the quality of life for each of our clients.
At Atlas, we are committed to our core values and sharing our knowledge and ideas in the spirit of continuous learning. Our core values are based on our acronym of LEARN: Listen; Excel; Act; Respect; Nurture.
- Listen: Listen to obtain a deep understanding when communicating with our clients and each other.
- Excel: Strive for quality in everything we do for our clients and each other.
- Act: Act as a fiduciary maintaining a commitment to honesty, transparency and fairness when working with our clients and each other.
- Respect: Exercise respect, empathy and care in dealings with our clients and each other.
- Nurture: Commit to continuous growth and development of our clients and each other
In our firm, we strive to maintain a culture that supports our associates in their whole life by offering them comprehensive benefits (401(k), paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, and more), care, and support for their commitment and loyalty to Atlas and our mission and values. This includes a hybrid work model for associates allowing for the additional opportunity to work remotely 2 out of 5 days a week to balance the daily demands we all face in our lives.
JOB TITLE: Wealth Management Advisor
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, President of Advisory Services
We are seeking an Wealth Management Advisor to cultivate, attract, and grow a client base of long-term relationships through an internet-based lead system. Convert prospects into clients over the phone, email, and in-person meetings. Engage a consultative selling method to develop client relationships and then provide personalized wealth management and planning services to the clients of Atlas Private Wealth Management. Maintain and retain client relationships within a regulatory compliant and confidential environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop new business with prospective clients
- Identify and attract assets outside of Atlas
- Grow and maintain assets under management
- Maintain working knowledge of market conditions and current events
- Coordinate efforts with team members and wealth management assistants
- Be able to convey Atlas’ outlook and strategy
- Provide outreach to clients on at least a quarterly basis
- Travel as needed to meet with clients and prospective clients
- Provide guidance related to client accounts under the management of Atlas
- Advance the mission, vision, and values of Atlas Private Wealth Management
- Comply with Atlas standards for risk tolerance, documentation, policy, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics or similar
- At least three years of experience in the areas of business development, investments, or insurance
- Desire to build and maintain a loyal, long-term client base
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products, CRM, trading platforms, and other software
- Strong interpersonal, communication, time-management, sales, and organizational skills
- FINRA Series 65 and other professional licenses or designations, Certified Financial Planner preferred
- Ability to work in the Albany/Upstate NY area (For the right candidate, a full-time home office location in any part of the United States will be considered.)